This beautiful and elegant Victorian Torquay Villa with its individual design was originally commissioned for a family home and was completed in 1857 it was later converted into a hotel. We believe it to have been built by John Tapley Harvey and William Harvey who built Meadfoot Crescent, which was commissioned in 1846. The Crescent is based on the Regency ideals of London and Brighton it later became Hesketh Crescent, after the birth of the first son to Maria Palk, daughter of Lord and Lady Hesketh and wife of Lawrence Palk. Robert Palk bought much of this part of Torquay on his return from India, but it was his son, Lawrence who inherited the estates who became the town's first speculative developer. He started selling plots on 99 year leases to the wealthy. So affluent were these new owners that not one building was erected without its own stables and coach house. The stables and coach house at Palm Grove were redeveloped in the 1960's to form two apartments. These were later converted into guest bedrooms and linked to the villa.
We offer a variety of accommodation to suit all visitors.
Saver Single Rooms have standard single beds and Saver Double Rooms have standard double beds. All Saver Rooms are en-suite with digital televisions and complementary tea and coffee making facilities.
The rest of the accommodation comprises of Single Rooms furnished with double beds and Double Rooms with king size beds, we also have rooms with Super King Beds for your comfort. These all have en-suites with larger, double or walk-in showers, larger flat screen digital televisions with DVD players and complementary tea and coffee making facilities.